Follow the steps below to apply for a home on the Shared Ownership or Rent to Buy Scheme with emh.
If you would like to subscribe to our main mailing list please register here
To apply for one of our new homes please click here.
Once you have completed our application form, please proceed to Step 2 onwards.
Contact Us With Your Plot Preference(s)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred plot choice(s) or house type – then proceed to Step 3 (You don’t need to wait for a response from us)!
- If you have any questions on affordability including share percentages, rental costs, etc. Metro Finance will assist with your enquiry.
- If you have any queries on shared ownership, please contact the team at emh sales or visit our website (some useful links can be found at the end of this email)
Our new homes are offered on a first come first served basis. To ensure you secure your preferred plot, please move to Step 3 as soon as you can.
Step 3 should only been completed when applying for a specific scheme or home that has been released for sale on our website:
Complete Your Financial Qualification| Affordability Assessment
To reserve a home, all applicants (both mortgage and cash buyers) are required to undergo a financial qualification and affordability assessment through Metro Finance
- Please call Metro on 0114 270 1444 to proceed or register for a call here.Metro Finance are specialists in offering financial advice on shared ownership. You must speak to them to undergo the qualification and affordability assessment to determine what share you are required to buy, but you don't have to do your full mortgage application through Metro Finance if you have your own financial advisor.There's no cost to you for this qualification/affordability assessment. However, if you decide to proceed with a full mortgage application; Metro will charge a fee of £449 upon completion of the mortgage which is a lifetime fee should you decide to re-mortgage/buy further shares in the future.
- Please note the online chatbot on the Metro Finance website may give an indication on your affordability – however we need you to speak to Metro for an assessment. Applications won’t be processed until you have had an HEC (Homes England calculator) assessment and gone through to AIP (mortgage agreement in principal stage) which falls under Step 5
Submit Supporting Documents To Metro Finance
- Metro Finance will request documentation in support of your application.They will provide you with a link to an online portal where you can upload your documents digitally, making it as easy as possible for you.
- You can find out more on the process by clicking here
Sign Off To Reserve
When all required documentation has been submitted and your affordability has been approved by Metro Finance, they will sign you off as ‘ready to proceed’. Metro will contact emh sales to confirm that you have been signed off to reserve.
Viewing And Approval
Once Metro have contacted us to let us know you’ve been approved, we'll contact you to offer a property to reserve off plan (subject to availability).
When we've received your reservation fee, we'll contact you to arrange a virtual reservation meeting.
One of our Sales and Marketing Consultants will go through the reservation documents with you and once signed, we’ll instruct solicitors, and the home will be officially off the market and reserved to you!